Part Time Wound Ostomy Nurse – Enloe Medical Center
RN – Wound /Ostomy Services
Department: Wound/Ostomy & Hyperbaric Center
Hours Per Pay Period: 64
Shift Length: 8 hours
Days Off: varied
Contact Information: Lauren Cervantes
Please apply online at the link provided below or search for the listing at enloe.org/careers.
The Registered Nurse is a licensed professional who provides patient care in accordance with the standards, policies, and practices of Enloe Medical Center. The Registered Nurse prioritizes patient needs, coordinates patient care, and collaborates with other members of the patient care team to provide care in accordance with the medical plan of care. The Registered nurse in Wound/Ostomy Services provides for the assessment, monitoring and evaluation of patients in the Wound/Ostomy Service care settings for patients with wounds, tubes, fistulas, pressure ulcers, fecal and urinary incontinence, and ostomies. The RN provides education to patients, other health care team members, and provides classes (as assigned), quality improvement projects (as assigned) and assist with education of the community (as assigned). The RN acts as a resource for physicians and departments of the hospital for management of patients with wounds, ostomies, incontinence and related issues. The Registered Nurse supports and contributes to the service excellence mission of Enloe Medical Center and the Wound/Ostomy Services Department.
EDUCATION / TRAINING / EXPERIENCE:
* Home health, clinic experience or equivalent
* One or more year’s previous hospital, ambulatory care setting or clinic service experience
* Experience with pressure off-loading surfaces, hospital bed and durable medical equipment
* Experience with staff development and teaching of CE classes for healthcare professionals
* Experience with pressure ulcer prevalence studies, interpretation of data and development of action plans
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS:
* Current licensure with the California Board of Registered Nursing
* Current CPR recognition
* Certification as a Wound, Ostomy, Continence Nurse (CWOCN) or ability to obtain in one year
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES:
Must demonstrate technical competence, professional clinical judgment, communication skills and sensitivity for the patient and family in crisis. Must have reliable transportation and be able to operate a vehicle.
Link to apply: