PCR Advance Practice Scholarship
The purpose of the Pacific Coast Region (PCR) Advance Practice Scholarship is to support Wound, Ostomy, and/or Continence (WOC) certified nurses who are pursuing an advanced degree to enhance their role in the field. The total scholarship will be $8000 yearly divided between one recipient in the first year of an advance practice program education and the other recipient in the second year of school. Applicants are welcome to apply multiple years if they meet the criteria but can only receive one PCR Advance Practice Scholarship.
- Applicant must be certified in wound, ostomy or continence nursing.
- Proof of one of the following:
- Acceptance to an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
- Current enrollment in an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
- Completion/graduation from an accredited Nurse Practitioner program within the past year.
- Reside in the Pacific Coast Region.
- Proof of a current, unrestricted RN license.
- Proof of current or previous employment as a wound, ostomy and/or continence nurse for three years during the last five years.
- $3000 will be awarded to one recipient in the first year of an advance practice education program.
- $5000 will be awarded to one recipient in the second year of an advance practice education program.
- In the event a recipient is unable to utilize the award as acknowledged in the signed Terms & Agreement, all monies shall be returned to the Pacific Coast Region Treasurer within 45 days.
- Applications will be accepted beginning January 1, 2020. All completed applications must be received by Pacific Coast Region by March 31, 2020.
PCR-WOC-Scholarship-Application (MS Word Doc format)
- All applications shall be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee. Recommendations for fund distribution shall be provided to the PCR Board of Directors for approval no later than May 15, 2020.
- For each applicant receiving an award, a signed acknowledgement of the Terms & Agreement shall be placed on file with the PCR Treasurer. It is the responsibility of the PCR Treasurer to ensure a signed copy is received before the Treasurer releases the funds.
Download the Release Agreement Form (MS Word Doc format)
- Awards will be based on the merit of the application.
PCR WOC Scoring Criteria (MS Word Doc format)
- Three satisfactory letters of recommendation from professional associates who have known the applicant for at least one year. (One from a current employer is preferred).
- Letter from applicant of 500 words or less discussing reasons for pursuing an advance practice degree. Weight in scoring will be given to applicants who communicate a plan to maintain WOC certification and incorporate the advance practice degree into the WOC role.
- The PCR Secretary shall maintain a perpetual list of recipients.
- Active membership in WOCN and PCR is an expectation of Advance Practice Scholarship recipients.