Clinical Resource Specialist – Ostomy (1 of 3) Central, South West & West Regions
Locations: Dallas, Houston, Denver, Chicago, California, Oregon
ConvaTec is a global medical products and technologies company, with leading market positions in ostomy care, wound therapeutics, continence and critical care, and infusion devices. Our products provide a range of clinical and economic benefits, including infection prevention, protection of at-risk skin, improved patient outcomes and reduced total cost of care. Our brands include AQUACEL® advanced wound dressings, which form a gel on contact with wound fluid, creating an optimal environment for wound healing.
ConvaTec has over 8,000 employees, with 11 manufacturing sites in 8 countries, and we do business in more than 100 countries. We are owned by Nordic Capital and Avista Capital Partners. The Ostomy Clinical Resource Specialist is responsible for supporting and promoting profitable business results through the execution of current ConvaTec business strategies and promoting high level customer relationships via clinical support for the sales, and marketing teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership in the field through coordination of clinical programs and product education inclusive of clinical study/paper reviews with the field sales team, as cross-functional departments including marketing, Customer Interaction Center (CIC) and Concierge teams, channel and sales training. Interface and engage with Global Clinical Affairs team, as necessary.
• Regionally assigned with defined scope of account targets representing acute care, home health/long term care and retailers
• Demonstrate an expert level of knowledge of the entire Ostomy product line (along with a working knowledge of other business unit product lines) and will continue to build on that knowledge in order to perform in a clinical leadership role for the sales and marketing teams.
• On-going knowledge of market activity and competitive products and programs is essential.
• Drive utilization of all ConvaTec products through clinical and product education and through serving in an advisory role to our customers (both internal and external) regarding ConvaTec formularies, protocol, policies and procedures. (this includes assisting marketing with development and implementation of internal and external product promotional programs)
• Support product trials/evaluations, in-servicing and conversion activities for assigned account targets and as needed.
• Provide clinical input and leadership to field sales and marketing on a regular basis
• Provide clinical assistance to marketing, sales training, channel, Customer Interaction Center (CIC) and Concierge teams.
• Deliver effective communications with key customers –both internal and external
• Ability to inspire and motivate others through action is critical in this role
• Project management skills to effectively drive projects from start to completion is required Travel is required for this position and equates to approximately 60-70% of the individual’s time. Persons applying for this position should reside within the geography of the region that the position is supporting.
- BS Nursing degree or higher
- Requires certification in Wound and/or Ostomy –preferably both, WOCN, CWS, or WCC certifications
- 3 plus years of clinical experience and three year of sales and business (or equivalent) experience preferred, along with cross-functional experiences in working with teams and/or leading and supporting wound care teams and ostomy support groups.
- Previous sales experience is desired.
- Must be able to communicate product and product related clinical information and evidence based opinions clearly and concisely.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Cross functional experiences in working with teams and/or leading and supporting wound or ostomy support groups.
- Ability to inspire and motivate others through action is critical in this role.
- Project management skills to effectively drive projects from start to completion required.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.