Winners of the 2017 PCR Scholarships
1. Sarah Parker, Wound, Ostomy and Continence, $1,500.00
2. Wenn Madigan, Wound, Ostomy and Continence, $1,500.00
3. Emily Arellano, Wound, Ostomy and Continence, $1,500.00
4. Melissa Stroud, Wound and Ostomy, $1000.00
5. Jessica Smith, Wound and Ostomy, $500.00
Recipient of the Gene Galindo Memorial Award 2017
Donna Rositani received the Gene Galindo Award for 2017 for her proposal to use the $500.00 to increase the number of patients seen in the stoma clinic at the UOAA Conference in Irvine, California, August 22-26, 2017. Donnas’ goal is to not have to turn any ostomate away from the clinic which has been the issue in past UOAA conferences.
Winners of the 2016 PCR Scholarship
The PCR would like to thank the Los Angeles chapter of the UOAA for their generous donation. With those funds applied towards the ostomy scope, we were able to award the following individuals this year.
1. Jolie Marshall: wound & ostomy: $1000
2. Melinda Henry: wound, ostomy, & continence: $ 1500
3. Emma Tyrell: ostomy: $ 500
4. Rhonda Walker: wound & ostomy: $ 1000
5. Beth Kivo: wound, ostomy, & continence: $ 1500
6. Megan Coletto: wound & ostomy: $ 1000
7. Cynthia Barbo: wound, ostomy, & continence: $ 1500
8. Sook-Hee Hwang: wound, ostomy, & continence: 1500
Recipient of the Gene Galindo Memorial Award 2016
Sandra Lee Hartman – the committee recommends that applicant Sandra Lee Hartman be awarded $400 for her proposal to present an education day for teaching comprehensive ostomy care to a target audience of personal care companions and nurses aides (also nurses). Her program was very well outlined with clear objectives, content, and evaluation.
Recipient of the Youth Rally Sponsorship 2016
Winners of the 2015 PCR Scholarship
Recipient of the Gene Galindo Memorial Award 2015
Melissa has received $400.00 from the Gene Galindo Memorial fund to help achieve her goals of improving the lives of ostomates.
Previous Winners of the Gene Galindo Memorial Award
2013 – Janet Stoia Davis – Ostomy Clinic
2013 – Cynthia P. Shephard – PocketWOC
2012 – Donna Lehker, provide excess ostomy products indigent and homeless ostomates.
2012 – Zoe Mann, Community Ostomy Education Day for ostomates.
2012 – Judy Stasuk, enhance and grow the newly established local ostomy support group.