A major motivation for developing the strategic plan is the Board's recognition of the need to more effectively position PCR to respond to rapid and dynamic changes in nursing and healthcare. PCR plans to raise its profile within the medical and general communities and make a strong case for the value of WOCN services
Increase awareness of PCR's mission and the value of WOCN service
- Increase PCR presence at health and community fairs, ads in selected publications and educating public officials.
- Evaluate the content of Timely Topics
- Assess member opinions and concerns through surveys.
Enhance networking opportunities for patients, nurses and other professionals.
- Improve web site by expanding its links to other nursing and health organizations and seek reciprocal links on their websites.
- Expand "patient button" to direct patients quickly and easily to resource information and web links.
Enhance the value of the WOCN - PCR educational experience
- Offer incentives to conference attendees
- Establish system for online registration for conferences
- Increase conference attendance to 25% of active members by 2014
- Develop Scholarship Committee to provide oversight on PCR scholarships
- Gene Galindo Fund
- Gladys Frey
- Rhoda Spanagle
- NIWI or WOC Experience in Washington
- Youth Rally Counselor
Increase Active and Associate membership in WOCN-PCR - 500 members by 2013
- Sponsor newcomer activities at conferences
- Strengthen the Mentor Program
- Strengthen relationships with Peer Support Groups through email, phone, site visits from BOD members